What We Do
The Information Technology (IT) Department has a $13.6 million budget and approximately 73 full-time professionals, who are responsible for building and managing the computing infrastructure that County employees access to support the citizens of San Luis Obispo County. The County’s IT professionals perform a wide variety of functions including:
• Providing enterprise services focusing on County-wide technology solutions
• Designing, implementing and maintaining an efficient and reliable technical architecture that supports the computing infrastructure goals of San Luis Obispo County, which is necessary to secure, support, protect and enhance our County’s workforce in their daily jobs
• Maintaining a robust public safety communications infrastructure in direct support of law enforcement, fire, medical response, and general government operations
• Operating a project management office that leads enterprise-wide technology projects
• Providing departmental specific services including custom software solutions that help with process improvements and technology solutions to improve departmental operations
• Supporting a centralized technical support help desk to address technical issues, access management and hardware/software configuration.
Additionally, after-hours help supports mental health and public safety operations.
In short, the County IT Department keeps county staff informed and connected.